Hiring a wedding planner might seem to be a waste of money to some people. However, we can tell you from experience that hiring a wedding planner is well worth the expense and can save you money in the long run.
What do wedding planners do, exactly? Why would you hire a wedding planner to help you with the Big Day?
· Budget planning. Even if your budget is almost unlimited, you will find that hiring a wedding planner will help you keep everything in check and better distribute your funds to the parts of the wedding that truly matter to you. When you are doing this on your own, you are more likely to get distracted by the million and one pretty things you see on Pinterest, and, as such, lose focus on the things that really matter to you. Plus, wedding planners have a network of the best sources for each of you wedding needs. They also know the timetable, so they can help you plan appropriately and avoid extra costs like rush fees and overnight shipping.
· Stress relief. This is a major benefit – probably the most important one. Your wedding is a once in a lifetime kind of event – and so is your engagement. If you spend months and even years worrying about the wedding details, you might miss out on some of the best parts of being engaged. We promise that hiring a wedding planner will help you set your mind at ease. Having the knowledge that everything is properly handled by a pro is a HUGE stress reliever. You will enjoy the process a lot more with a planner by your side!
· YOUR vision. One of the biggest fears brides and grooms have when hiring a wedding planner is that their wedding will feel less theirs. This is an unfounded fear, though. A professional planner will not force their ideas and taste on you – instead they will listen to your ideas and help you fully realize your vision. Sure, they will provide you with their input when something might be best handled a certain way, but other than that, they won’t change your vision, but enhance it.
· The Big Day. If you hire your planner to coordinate the Big Day, you will have more time to enjoy this ultra-special event in your life. Instead of running around, trying to organize vendors, moments, and wedding parties, your coordinator will do all of this for you. So, all you have to do is sit back and soak up every second of this amazing day!
Your wedding should feel like a dream come true – like a truly special moment in your life. It should be a moment that you cherish and love. A memory that you will treasure for years and decades to come.
Even the smallest details of a wedding can make a big difference when it comes to creating your perfect Big Day and setting the right atmosphere for your event. We’ve talked about flowers and hairstyles in past blogs, but what about the music for your wedding? Music is definitely more than just a small detail! How can you be sure to have just the right music for your dream wedding?
Well we’ve pulled together some great musical tips for you to consider below:
· Band vs. DJ. This is an age-old question a lot of brides and grooms ask themselves when starting to plan their wedding. In all honesty, it cannot be said that one is better than the other – it’s just that they are different and they suit different types of weddings. Can’t decide? No problem! If budget and space permits, you can always hire both to entertain your guests. You can, for example, hire a band for the ceremony and a DJ for the wedding reception. Or have a DJ be the MC and play music whenever the band is on break. Just be sure they have a chance to meet ahead of time and coordinate on schedules, placement, and who will take lead and MC on your wedding day.
· The right one. Choosing the right musician or DJ can time consuming as you’ll have to visit different venues to see them performing, but it’s well worth the investment. Remember that the music and dancing will be one of the things everyone remembers about your wedding. Your goal is to find a band or DJ that will play music you and your guests will love and also create the right atmosphere for your event. The songs they play, their attitude, personality, and their experience should all be things you investigate before making your final pick. Be sure to ask about their experience and the types of weddings they normally perform at – all these things can matter. This is especially important if you’re having a cultural wedding. Be sure to check out references from prior events that they have performed in the past, and be sure that they are familiar with any specific cultural requirements that you have.
· Meet with the actual performers that will be at your event. It’s ok to initially talk to a booking manager or agent, but you’ll want to meet the actual person that will be taking the mic at your event before picking someone. This will let you determine if they are compatible with you and the type of wedding you want. This is crucial, particularly if your lead singer or DJ will act as MC. You want someone you feel comfortable with controlling the mic and directing guests during all your big wedding moments like cutting the cake and first dance.
· The music. Obviously, playing the right music is important too! There is no such thing as a “perfect formula” when it comes to wedding music, though, as each couple and group of guests are unique. Generally speaking, however, you will want to avoid songs that:
might feel offensive to some of your guests (songs that are too sexual for example),
talk about emotions and situations that are incompatible with the idea of a wedding (breakup or cheating songs, for example), and
are all of one genre or decade (you’ll want some variety so all generations of your guests will feel comfortable hitting the dance floor).
While that may seem like a lot to worry about, a skilled band or DJ should have no problems avoiding inappropriate songs. Other than that, feel free to sprinkle your wedding day with the music that speaks to you – it will make everything more personal and more unique!
Looking for amazing wedding specialists in Virginia? Contact Hunt Country Celebrations and hire our members if you want to create the best wedding moments that are simply unforgettable!
As one of the many tasks that are part of planning your wedding, picking flowers might be particularly intimidating if you’re a “flower person”. If you have trouble telling a rose from a carnation, you might be looking for some tips flower options for your wedding.
What are some of the best wedding flower ideas and trends for 2019 weddings?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· Pantone’s Color of the Year, Living Coral. Although people haven’t talked much about this, Living Coral is going to be all the rage this year. In fact, this color is so pretty and versatile that we expect it to be just as popular as Marsala was back when Pantone declared it the color of the year. Living Coral blooms are abundant, they bring liveliness and sweetness into a wedding, and they work well with a variety of color and flower combinations – so you are definitely in for a pastel orange treat this year!
· Elderflowers. If you are searching for a bloom that will fill the air with amazing fragrance and make your guests think of childhood summers, elderflowers are what you are looking for. Not only do they smell amazing, but they can be incorporated into a variety of gorgeous flower arrangements – from those that feature just greenery and elderflowers to those that feature lovely roses, peonies, and other popular wedding flowers too.
· Poppies. The ultimate summer flower, poppies might feel too simplistic for some of you – but when brought together in a creative way by an expert florist and when they are combined with other blooms, poppies can convey style, grace, and elegance! They are sweet, playful, and romantic at the same time – and they are more than suitable for a warm season wedding!
· Succulents. Although not a new trend, succulents will continue to rise in popularity in 2019 too. You can create pretty flower arrangements with them as table decor, and you can offer them as wedding favors too – and one of their best qualities is that they can withstand the hottest days of summer without wilting away!
Have you booked your all the vendors for your Virginia wedding yet? If you’re still searching, be sure to check out Hunt Country Celebrations. Their members can help you with every aspect of your wedding!
For a bride to be, every single detail can make all the difference – and that is perfectly natural, given just how grand the Big Day is in her life.
You will want to choose the best wedding dress and the most splendid colours to accompany you as you celebrate the most beautifully romantic moment of your life. But what about your hair? How do you connect your bridal hairstyle with the wedding style and theme themselves?
We have some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
· The classic, traditional bride. If you are the kind of traditional bride who will walk down the aisle in a big ballgown you should definitely check out hairstyles that are extremely feminine and simple. For instance, you could curl your hair in soft curls and wear it in a half up half down hairdo, with an intricate accessory to pull strands of your hair backwards and upwards.
· The boho chic bride. If you are the kind of bride who wants to feel more natural, surrounded by the playfulness of flowers and nature, then you should opt for a boho chic style – and this includes your hair as well. A messy updo created with braids and flowers can create just the look you are aiming for: a little wild, a little playful, and very feminine.
· The modern bride. If you are a modern bride who might get married in an urban setting, your hair should reflect your wedding style too. Opt for something minimalist and simple, like a super-sleek pony tail pulled back with an elegant hair wrap decorated with your favourite gemstones or simply in the same colour as your other pieces of Jewlery. This hairstyle may be simple, but it will look absolutely fabulous!
Looking for the very best wedding specialists in Virginia? Be sure to contact Hunt Country Celebrations’ members and hire them if you want your Big Day to be nothing less than absolutely stunning! Contact us and we promise you will never regret it!
Although they are not mandatory in any way, wedding signs can really upgrade the look and the feel of your Big Day, regardless of where it may take place.
What are some of the most unique wedding sign ideas you might want to consider for your Big Day?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· Clothes pins on “drying lines”. This idea works really well for outdoor weddings (and even more so for country chic weddings), and it’s really easy to pull off. Write or print cute messages on pieces of card stock and pin them on a “drying line”. You can use chalk on dark or kraft card stock, or Conté sticks in a variety of colors if you (or one of your helpers) are artistically inclined.
· Have something printed. If you want your entire day-of stationery to look fantastic, have your wedding signs printed professionally. Contact a local print or sign shop to discuss options. They can do everything from poster paper mounted on foam-core to card stock to etched clear acrylic. An elegant sign could even be reused later on as a décor piece for your home, so you can get real value from elegant printed wedding signage.
· Luxury sign. Want your wedding sign to look luxurious and opulent? Have it placed in a quality matching frame. For example, you could have your sign is printed in gold or copper foil, and then mounted in a matching ornate gold or copper-colored frame. Another option is to rent a large mirror in an ornate frame and then have caligraphy done on it with white ink. This kind of showpiece wedding sign can be placed at the entrance to your wedding ceremony or reception, to set the tone for the entire event’s style.
· Wooden and sweet. Looking for a piece of décor that will work as a piece of décor for the wedding tables, or simply to serve as the table numbers? Consider painted or laser etched wood signs. Contrary to the popular belief, wooden elements are not just for country weddings, they can be perfectly well incorporated into the Big Day too. The wood can be a thin veneer to keep costs down, or you can even order card stock that looks like wood and that can still be printed on.
· What to write on these signs? Well, you could create a cute pun related to the purpose of the sign (e.g. “take a seat, not a side”). It could also be a quote from your favorite book or movie. It could be your names and your wedding date. As long as it fits with the occasion, the content of your wedding signs is completely up to you!
Looking for the most talented wedding specialists in Virginia? Contact Hunt Country Celebrations and hire our members. They are talented, dedicated, and ready to make your dream wedding happen. With these amazing people on your side, your wedding will be nothing less than absolutely unforgettable!
For more lovely wedding sign ideas, check out this this gallery.
If your guests have traveled long and hard to make it to your wedding, they deserve all your appreciation, from the very moment they step into their hotel rooms. Of course, one of the best ways to show your gratitude is by making sure they will find a welcome bag in their room – but what are some of the most important things to remember when it comes to these little bags filled with goodies?
We have some tips for you – keep reading and find out more.
· Packaging. This is the first element that will strike your guests – so yes, it’s more than important that you choose nice packaging. Depending on what you want to put inside, your welcome bag can be an actual bag or even a box. Whatever it is, though, be sure it’s personalized with your wedding monogram, wedding date, or simply something representative of you as a couple.
· Message. Including a note in the welcome bags is an excellent way to communicate the weekends itinerary, including times, addresses, shuttle information, etc.. It is also nice to include a personal note with the bag or box. It doesn’t have to be something very long – a simple Thank You and a few words of gratitude will be more than enough!
· Contents. The greatest thing about welcome bags is that you can get as creative as you want to be. In general, food products are the most popular (e.g. something local, such as a small bottle of local wine or beer, or even a jar of honey or homemade jam) but they are not mandatory. Travel size pain medicine and toiletry products are also a good idea, especially if you know your guests are going to appreciate them the morning after the wedding. In the end, there’s no one rule you should absolutely follow, it is the fact that these products should represent you as a couple and feel like a little pampering for your guests.
Searching for the most talented and passionate wedding specialists in Virginia? Contact Hunt Country Celebrations and allow our members to help you create the most fantastic wedding your guests have ever been to!