Questions to Ask Your Prospective Wedding DJ
Hiring a DJ is a quintessentially important element of the Big Day – and you should definitely do it carefully, since the DJ you hire can make or break the success of your entire wedding.
What are some of the questions you should definitely ask your DJ before you hire them?
We have some tips for you – keep reading and find out more.
· Do they take requests? Some DJs do, others prefer not to, as they would like to go uninterrupted about their tasks. It is important to know if your DJ will take requests during the actual dance party, so that you can inform your guests accordingly. Otherwise, some people might be disappointed when they ask the DJ to play a song and they are turned down.
· Will they work with your list? Normally, your wedding DJ should be able to work with your list of do and do not play songs. This is quite important, especially since you might have songs you really love and want to listen to during the wedding, as well as songs you simply do not want to hear (for a variety of reasons).
· How many hours will the mix music? This should be clearly stipulated in the contract. After all, you have to know what you are paying for, right? Ask your DJ if they can do some extra time and how much it will cost, especially if you want the party to go on until the wee hours of the morning.
· Do they have recordings of previous weddings? This will give you a better idea of who your DJ is, what their style is, and, ultimately, how compatible they are with you. Since the DJ will act as MC in many cases too, it is quite important to make sure you and your DJ are on the same page.
· Are they available? This might sound silly, but you have no idea how many people simply forget to ask this! Make sure you start your discussion with your wedding date, as this might make all the difference in the world (obviously!).
Looking for the very best wedding DJ in Virginia, or for any other type of wedding vendor? Come check out our Hunt Country Celebrations members that provide wedding DJ services: Digital Sound Services, Olivera Music Entertainment, and Zandi Entertainment. They are talented, dedicated, and experienced – the perfect mix you need for your Big Day!