Tips for the Brides by Salon Montage
When we talk about wedding hair styles and make up, there are many different thoughts we hear from our clients. They often feel it is the most nerve wracking part of their preparations; they often wait until the last moment and only squeeze it into their plans at the very end. We at Salon Montage believe and tell all of our brides that on your special day you should look like yourself at your most beautiful. A bride’s wedding day should be one of the best days in her life! Here are some tips and tricks from Team Salon Montage that should be followed by brides when preparing for their hair, makeup and skin for their Big Day:
1) It’s best to have your Bridal Trial about three to six months prior to your wedding day so that you have time to get used to it and make changes if needed.
2) To ensure you get the most out of your trial, bring reference pictures, even if they’re from the stylist’s past work or from any other social media of hair and makeup you have in mind. Ideally send these to your stylist well before your appointment so that they can make any necessary preparations before you arrive. By showing your stylist what you like about each photo, they will be able to understand your preferences better. This is one instance when showing is probably easier than telling.
3) If you have sensitive skin and are worried about the products used on your skin, or if there’s a foundation that sits well on your skin and you feel this would look better, don’t hesitate to bring your products with you to the trial. You should be 100 percent comfortable with your look on your wedding day.
4) Clear communication is very important. Tell your stylist about any hairstyles and makeup you did in the past that you disliked. If your stylist knows about them, they will stay away from them, and your trial will be so much more efficient.
5) Arrive with a clean face and clean hair. In order to find that perfect look, come to your appointment with clean hair and no makeup so that your pros can start with a clean blank canvas.
6) Make sure you purchase your accessories and hair extensions beforehand; take a look at hair and makeup photos you like. If your hair is thin, short or doesn’t hold curls well, consider investing in clip-in extensions. These easily blend into your hair and help create a fuller look. If there’s a certain hair accessory you plan to incorporate, definitely bring that along for the trial.
an AVEDA concept Salon
1604 Village Market Boulevard, SE
Leesburg, VA 20175